Hiring a luxury campervan in Perth.

All you need to know.

Here are answers to questions you might have about hiring one of our luxury camper vans. If we missed anything, send a quick enquiry here >

Got another question?

If your question is not listed here please get in touch and ask! We’re happy to help.

About Our Luxury Camper Vans

Are Derive camper vans manual or automatic transmission?

All our camper vans have automatic transmission.

What cooking / washing facilities does the camper van have?

The Mercedes Marco Polo camper van has a compact kitchenette including a sink with running water, a single cooking ring and a fridge-freezer.
We recommend you carry your own drinking water.

Are children and pets allowed to travel with me?

Children are welcome but may require a child seat at additional cost to you. Pets are not allowed in our luxury camper vans.

Is there a limit to how many people can ride in a Derive Camper Van?

Yes, we can only allow for the driver and four passengers. This is the maximum number of seats and seat-belts within the Mercedes Marco Polo camper van.

How much luggage can I fit into the camper van?

It’s best if you only travel with the luggage you need for your road trip. If you are staying elsewhere before and after your trip and need additional luggage, let us know as we may be able to offer you additional storage at our depot. The Marco Polo camper van does have some storage, but we recommend you only travel with what you need for your own comfort.

Are there rollout awnings on the Derive Camper Vans?

Yes, our camper vans have a side rollout awning, so you can enjoy being outdoors in shaded bliss. 

Fees and Charges

How much is it to hire a Derive Camper Van?

Off-peak (1st April – 30th September): $169 per night.

On-peak (1st October – 31st March): $198 per night.

How do I pay for my camper van hire?

When we confirm your booking you’ll asked to pay via online transaction through our booking partner CAMPLIFY.

Payment is by Debit Card, Mastercard or Visa.

We require a $1000 (AUD) bond, which will be held as security on your credit card. Your bond will be released within 72 hours of the safe return of your camper van.

Do I need a bond when hiring a camper van?

Yes, we require a $1000 (AUD) bond, which will be held as security on your credit card. Your bond will be released within 72 hours of the safe return of your camper van.

Are there any other costs I need to know about?

Our booking partner, Camplify, will charge fees at the time of booking. These fees will entitle you to several benefits including; membership to the National Roads and Motoring Association and ALL roadside assistance call outs, even if you lock the keys in the camper van!

Additional charges apply if you have any special requirements, such as the need for a child seat.

There are no other additional charges. All kitchen ware, bedding, additional outdoor equipment and safety equipment are provided with our compliments.

Driving a Derive Camper Van in WA

What happens if I break down on my travels?

Our vehicles are new as of 2018, so we hope you won’t have any problems whilst exploring Western Australia in a Derive camper van. However, if your camper van breaks down, relax, you have 24 hour roadside assistance. We’ll provide you with a number you can call.

What are my responsibilities when I drive away?

Aside from ensuring you follow the driving regulations in Western Australia, you must conduct basic maintenance of your camper van including:

  • checking tyre pressure is correct
  • checking water and coolant levels
  • checking engine oil
  • checking break lights and headlights

On collection, your camper van will have a full tank of fuel and must be returned with a full tank of fuel.

Are Derive camper vans manual or automatic transmission?

All our camper vans have automatic transmission.

How old do I need to be to hire and drive a Derive camper van?

Drivers must be 25 years of age or over.

Do I need a special driver's licence to hire a camper van in Australia?

A current and full motor vehicle driver’s licence is required. If your driver’s licence is not in the English language then an international driver’s licence is  recommended. An accredited English translation will be accepted in lieu of an international driving permit.

Your driver’s licence must have been held for at least two years and be valid for the duration of your camper van hire. Your original driver’s licence must be shown at the time of pick-up when the driver is present.

Can I drive a camper van on my standard driving licence?

Yes you can. Please see question above regarding your driving licence.

Is there any limit to how far I can travel in a Derive Camper Van?

There is no limit to how many kilometres you can travel in your camper van. However, you must stick to sealed roads in Western Australia. The Marco Polo is a luxury camper van and is not suitable for off-road adventures.

Derive VIP Treatment

Do Derive Camper Van Hire provide airport transfers?

Yes! We provide a FREE pickup and drop-off to and from Perth Domestic and Perth International Airport. Your holiday starts when you get off the plane!

We will greet you and take you to our camper van collection depot so can start your road-trip straight away.